Monday, July 7, 2008

Stealth Edition - Shhh!

Good semi-morning gamers. I'm a little late today because I'm waiting for this strange dude sleeping in my living room to get up. Actually his name is Nic and he is Mr. Valentine's friend. Nic is a van-driving cross-continent tour guide for Sun Trek tours; possibly the most badass job I've ever heard of. If I lived in my imagination, I should like to kill Nic, steal his identity and take off with his van-trailer combo like Nightrider pre-booze. Say hi to Nic, but very quietly.
And now the news -

Games Radar writer Matt Curdy put together a great list of achievements that all you hardcore gamers may want to memorize. In "50 Skills That Every Gamer Should Master," Curdy lists "Not steering the controller like a girl" as one of these abilities.
Hey douche, I'm a girl and I don't steer the controller one bit.
Though the illustration under it is hilarious, I have to speak up for my fellow ladies in gaming and say that is not a fair assessment. Have you ever played with girls? Do you even know what a girl is?
Despite Curdy's obviously sexist list, there is some truth. I do play my favorite game obsessively to the point where nothing short of a stern arm grab will take my attention away from my current objective. Anywho - Check out the link to the full list here and tell Matt Curdy that boobs don't bite:
http://www.gamesradar.com/f/50-skills-that-every-gamer-should-master/a-2008062417104774060??EMC-DR6827846776

Xbox 360 lovers should cruise over to Gamasutra to see the interview with Microsoft fany pants Aaron Greenberg. Greenberg is the director of product management and is oh so happy about the future of the 360. He talks about Wii and PS3 rivalries, how the Asians are loving their 360s long time and the gatekeeping that happens on Xbox Live Arcade. Check out the story here:
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=19304

Fuck Noel Gallagher in his stupid British ass. The Beatle wanna-be is blaming videogames for a stabbing spree that left 18 London-based students dead this year. He adds that they probably smoked some pot beforehand. Right, all the potheads I know love to play with knives; the kind you eat with. If you want to read all about how Noel pulls some random reason out of the air to make the mothers love him click here:
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/oasis-frontman-links-videogames-to-knife-violence
If you want to write Noel Gallagher and tell him he's a slimey limey, click here:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=143031981

I think I'm going to cut it short today folks. Come back tomorrow for more news goodness.

No comments: