Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Disk Cleanup = Stupid

Since Mr. Valentine and I electronically cohabitate, I decided to delete my favorite game and all my best architectural work to-date from his laptop in favor of more room for his music and more room for small games I can review. FUCKER! I wake up this morning and after his 7 Jillion MB movie-downloading marathon last night I can't even start Virtual Villagers. Right now I'm waiting for disk clean-up to get rid of some unnecessary shit so I can see if all my villagers are just a pile of bones. ARG!

And they are. Re-Do!

Snooty Scrabble owners are creating their own free version of the game to compete with Scrabulous, a popular Facebook application. After unanswered demands to remove Scrabulous from the social site, Mattel and Hasbro teamed up with EA to create their own sanctioned version that begins testing Monday. I play Scrabulous and it makes me smile. I vote Facebook users boycott the Scrabble version. Consumers do have a say, bitches!
Check out the full story here:
http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jrevMgkHk3TX8sSYUHA_iFz2oqwg

In a decidedly Microsoftian move, Apple is pushing software designed to control and eliminate hacking into authorized retailers all over the country. While everyone else in the U.S. celebrated the 4th, Apple issued a memo to their retail employees concerning the forthcoming "unbricking" ability. Nice move. Real Slick.
Check out the full story here:
http://web20.telecomtv.com/pages/?newsid=43455&id=e9381817-0593-417a-8639-c4c53e2a2a10

The ACMI exhibit GameON, a history of video games is closing this Sunday. The exhibit, a vintage gamer's dream, toured the world hitting cities like Tokyo, London and Chicago before settling in Melbourne for a final three months. The exhibit drew record crowds in Australia and the total so far is 117,000 visitors. I wonder what they will do with all the stuff from the exhibit?
If you're in Australia you should definitely check this out. Unfortunately, my jet is in the shop, so I won't be able to make it. Check out the full story here:
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23993544-2902,00.html

Here's an idea. The next time your bored take out your phone and blast some zombies. Inlogic Software is introducing Death Zone to mobile phones everywhere. Released today, Death Zone is a casual blood bath. You are charged with ridding each environment of those pesky zombies. Kill as many as possible, because we all know zombies don't have feelings anyway.
Peep some screenshots and the link below.

http://www.inlogic.sk/news/56/index.html

Check out this article by Julian Murdoch that lists the ins and outs of videogame law and how it usually goes when politicians are not involved.
http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3168566

Alright, everyone out of the pool. You are starting to prune.

No comments: