Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'm Still Here!

What's up bitches?
Due to visitors from Michigan, I've been playing happy hostess for the week and have not been able to post the news. I know, I'm lame. However, wonder of wonders, I scored a temp gig answering phones, which might be the coolest job I've ever done. The phone rang twice so far and I'm writing my blog from the lovely office of Waldman, Hirsch & Company. And now, courtesy of our sponsors, I give you the news.

Aksys Games is reporting they will be bringing their new franchise, BlazeBlue to the LA Anime Expo. So, when all you lucky nerds out there pile upon the Los Angeles Convention Center, you can visit the Aksys booth and tryout the BlazesBlue gameplay to see if it really does feel similar to Guilty Gear. Check out the press release here:
http://www.aksysgames.com/press_releases/bb_062308.html

A bunch of boring, lawyers are "shocked" that no one cares enough about the "Hot Coffee" scandal to get back the $35 RockStar Games "stole" from them when they bought GTA: San Andreas. I've seen the hot coffee cheat, and let me tell you it is no "One Night In Paris." Plus, that was news several yeas ago. Now people are looking for the newest hot coffee in GTA4. God, get with the program lawyers. Read the full story here:
http://biz.yahoo.com/nytimes/080624/1194788486503.html?.v=4

Turns out the PS3 is too expensive even for its parent company. The creation of "The-Next-Big-Thing" cost Sony 3.32 Billion dollars so far, and they have yet to make a profit from their product. Kind of a big Whoopsie! isn't it? You can read the full story here:
http://kotaku.com/5018899/sony-lost-331-billion-to-ps3-cost-pricing-imbalance

Over at CNet News there is an editorial posted by Don Reisinger that might make gamers oh-so happy, while causing film buffs everywhere to choke on their mocha latte with half-cream, half fetus juice. Reisinger declares video games as the new entertainment leader. And why not? Digital actors work for nothing and they don't end up in rehab 8 months out of the year. You hear that Lohan!? Your days are numbered! Check out the complete story here:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-9976418-17.html

Over at IGN, because they are special they got to sit down with Olivier Deriviere, composer for the score of the upcoming release of Alone In The Dark. If you are like me and were too young to appreciate the original Dark but are a huge fan of suspense/horror games, you have to check out the interview. Read up on all the ways old Deriviere is manipulating music so all you hear is the brown note. Awesome. Check out the interview here:
http://music.ign.com/articles/883/883767p1.html

Alright faithful readers, I'm outta here. My company doesn't leave until Saturday, so I will probably not be able to post again until next Monday. Try not to be too sad.

No comments: